Tips For Selecting Home Alarm Companies
Are you ready to read two shocking statistics about burglary in America? Every 14 seconds in the United States a burglary takes place and over 85% of those cases occurred at residences with no security system according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It is crucial that you have a home security system and if you do not right now is the time to get one. This article will give you tips for selecting home alarm companies.
1. Ensure that the companies you are considering as your home alarm providers are reputable providers. The best way to do this is to ask for their company’s business license which allows them to conduct business in your area.
2. Look at their overall industry experience. Companies that have been in the business for a long time must be doing something right. You should also contact friends and family to see if any of them have heard about or personally dealt with the company in the past.
3. Contact the companies you are considering and receive quotes from them. Quotes are a good way to further narrow down the company that will work best for you. However, do not focus too strongly on the quote. It is important to find an affordable system, but also make sure you are getting an effective system.
4. Ask where the companies central monitoring station is located. Larger companies have a few large central monitoring stations across the country that monitors multiple states. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it is something that could make the difference in choosing a company that will be best for you.
5. Check whether the company will be doing the installation themselves or hiring a subcontractor. It is best if the company does the installation themselves because they will know the product better and have a better understanding of how to install the system.
6. The most important question is to ask what the average response time between the warning going off and the time of the police getting to the system is. Obviously, in the case of an emergency the faster help arrives, the better.
Choosing the right home alarm company to install a home security system can be difficult but it is important that you add a security system provided by the right company for you. Just follow the tips provide in this article and have an easy time selecting the right company from a list of home alarm companies.
Have us call you
By clicking “Call Me Now”, I consent to ADT's use of automated dialing technology, prerecorded/artificial voice, email, or text messaging to contact me for marketing purpose at the phone number and email provided. I understand consent is not required to purchase. CA Residents: Do Not Sell My Information.
Have us call you